Online Banter

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Rutland League Fixtures 2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shorty

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Isham will start their Rutland League Division 4 adventure at home to Great Oakley on the 29th of April. The season will once again come to a climax away to Oakham at the Lime Kilns.

Fixtures in Full (fixtures in BOLD are home games):

29th April - Great Oakley CC
6th May - Long Sutton CC
13th May - Higham Ferrers CC
20th May Uffington CC
27th May - Loddington CC
3rd June - Oakham CC
10th June - Laxton Park CC
17th June - Histon CC
24th June - Whittlesey CC
1st July - Long Sutton CC

8th July - Great Oakley CC
15th July -
22nd July - Higham Ferrers CC
29th July - Loddington CC
5th August - Uffington CC
12th August - Whittlesey CC
19th August - Histon CC
26th August - Laxton Park CC

2nd September - Oakahm CC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbo

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2006-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:49 pm

The Lime Kilns ? There's enough of that sort of rubbish without you starting too Peter.

Still I bet you can sleep soundly in your bed now that you know the Rutland League fixtures, Chooker.

A lot of clubs leave it too late to publish their fixtures, and I'm glad we have'nt fallen into that trap. I pity the fools who don't know their fixtures until March.

What time are we meeting for that Oakley Game ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pie chooker

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:38 pm

lol! That did make me chuckle .

This really should be Shorty and work colleagues Rutland League Forum.
Rutland League fixtures, Rutland League Pics, Rutland League averages, Shortys workmates inviting themselves for a friendly at Isham cos its the best track they ve played on. Shortys workmates trying to sound as thou they know something about Englands winter tour, and football formations.

Shorty inviting every Tom , Dick and Harry to come and play for Isham. A bit of quality would be nice , not quantity Peter. Are you going to tell all these people "im sorry , you ve not been picked this week, but we ll have your subs anyway ".
I see one of your mates finished the season playing for Geddington Peter, and batted at 3. Is it Mark Steele ? Steve Toseland ? Lee Pollard ? No thought not.

Are you and your mates going to be happy playing for Eddie when not selected for the 1st or 2nds ?? Will you turn out for Eddie next season ? Or are you just planning on raiding the Rutland League side ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bar Steward

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:27 am

Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do - Manfred Mann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bar Steward

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:29 am

Sorry got the wrong thread . What I actually meant to say was Shall I get the Bar organised for the Great Oakley game ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbo

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:35 am

I really hope somebody logged on between Bar Steward's first post and his second

When are the 2008 fixtures out, just as a date for my diary ? You can never plan too far forward.

Oh, and I would not slag off Shorty for trying to bring players into the Club. At least somebody is trying. You can't even get Minto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbo

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:39 am

25th September next year. Chooker and I were talking about having another do to say goodbye to to the overseas. Anybody interested ? We were thinking of holding it at Lime Kilns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Boy Legend

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:19 am

"I see one of your mates finished the season playing for Geddington Peter, and batted at 3. Is it Mark Steele ? Steve Toseland ? Lee Pollard ? No thought not. "

I take it you mean me by that!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teamcricket.net
The Nightwatchman

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Hmmm, lets slag potential players off before they even come to the club - that should encourage them??

Sorry mate, if your not up to first team standard at Isham your not welcome casue we're just such an in demand club?!!!!

Also while were at it, lets knock anyone for trying to introduce people to the club - please remember Shorty that if they are not international class and good enough for the 1st XI pre-madonnas then don't waste your time and effort on them..........

No wonder Isham struggles to attract players?????? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shorty

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Right I've had enough of you lot in Regards to the sodding Rutland league.

Yes I do appreciate this particular league because it's a) something I have had a part of introducing to Isham CC and b) it's the only way I'm ever going to be able to play competitive cricket at Isham.

I enjoy the camaraderie between clubs (haven't fallen out with any yet - although Bolar tried his best at Castor!) and it's nice to not have to travel to places like Kettering, Burton and Rothwell every weekend when you've already been there the Saturday before. And despite what you “know it alls” think, it's a good standard of cricket which will only get better in Division 4!

Also for your information, I have become the division 4 secretary for the Rutland League and I am therefore doing my JOB in informing you of the up and coming fixtures you sodding chumps! The fact that I’m efficiant and get the job done is quite clearly a human floor I have and I better start taking medicine for it!

Finally on the subject of players, I have invited NO ONE to join isham cricket club. Believe it or not chaps Isham CC is not the be all and end all of my cricketing life. I have played at other clubs and that must mean, surely, that I know other cricketers (some good, some not so good). I may have mentioned Isham on more than one occasion to these people but in no way have said – there’s a career for you at Isham!!! Further more I wouldn’t want to inflict them to the perils of ICC! As the nighwatchman said, it’s amazing we get anyone at the club.

Oh and if there wasn’t enough “!” for you… !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pie chooker

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:47 pm

OOPS.

Firstly i think my comments were taken out of context , so i apologise if i upset anyone, or 2 or 3.

All players ARE welcome . The only issue i have is that we can fall into the trap of certain players not playing for certain teams as they may think they are just that little bit better than they actually are. So if Joe Bloggs is not good enough to play league cricket when and a very big when both 1st and 2nds are at full strength is he going to refuse playing for the Zingari ?
We all know of players that wont play for other teams , and in my opinion its wrong. Im sorry if no one agrees but to me its a game of cricket ,whether its league or not .
If a 17/18 year old player comes along and it means i have to step aside surely that can only be good for the respective team or even club . Its just a big pity that others dont share my views.

So once again i apologise for putting anyones nose out of joint .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbo

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:05 pm

Shorty, the idea that, not only could you spout such balderdash, but you did so in such a toe curlingly sanctimoneous manner, means that you are ideal material to be a league secretary.

Quote :
I enjoy the camaraderie between clubs (haven't fallen out with any yet - although Bolar tried his best at Castor!)

As a matter of record, in addition to the business at Castor, we fell out with Loddington big style and Jaques had run ins with Weekly's overseas twice. Castor were cheating, and I pointed that out, along with Chris Llong, Ryan and Will. Cheating would not bother you since you are not interested in the result of the games, just whether you have a chance to bowl your 8 overs of filth. Sunday's games this year were decidedly less cordial than Saturdays. If you can't illustrate your point with the truth don't make stuff up

Quote :
And despite what you “know it alls” think

This is an argument between a guy who has played Premier Division cricket and skippered Kettering and Isham , and a guy who has played two years in a Mickey Mouse Sunday league along with a handful of Division 7 games for the seconds. Chooker does not "know it all" (and I don't think HE was the one claiming to), but he knows a hell of a lot more than ...... well fill in the gap.

Quote :
it's a good standard of cricket which will only get better in Division 4!

This is the biggest lie of all, and your repeated pushing of it when everybody knows its not true is why people don't take your opinion seriously.

In two years of Rutland league cricket we have played 1 very good side in Bourne, and one decent one in Histon. The rest have ranged from below average to aweful. To try and paint the league as a good standard on the basis of two sides is perverse. Its like me using Flem and Johann to prove i have played a first class standard of cricket. Benefield and East Carlton would both struggle in County League division 12: that is more representative of the teams we play against.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shorty

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:18 pm

Columbo wrote:
Shorty, the idea that, not only could you spout such balderdash, but you did so in such a toe curlingly sanctimoneous manner, means that you are ideal material to be a league secretary.

Quote :
I enjoy the camaraderie between clubs (haven't fallen out with any yet - although Bolar tried his best at Castor!)

As a matter of record, in addition to the business at Castor, we fell out with Loddington big style and Jaques had run ins with Weekly's overseas twice. Castor were cheating, and I pointed that out, along with Chris Llong, Ryan and Will. Cheating would not bother you since you are not interested in the result of the games, just whether you have a chance to bowl your 8 overs of filth. Sunday's games this year were decidedly less cordial than Saturdays. If you can't illustrate your point with the truth don't make stuff up

Quote :
And despite what you “know it alls” think

This is an argument between a guy who has played Premier Division cricket and skippered Kettering and Isham , and a guy who has played two years in a Mickey Mouse Sunday league along with a handful of Division 7 games for the seconds. Chooker does not "know it all" (and I don't think HE was the one claiming to), but he knows a hell of a lot more than ...... well fill in the gap.

Quote :
it's a good standard of cricket which will only get better in Division 4!

This is the biggest lie of all, and your repeated pushing of it when everybody knows its not true is why people don't take your opinion seriously.

In two years of Rutland league cricket we have played 1 very good side in Bourne, and one decent one in Histon. The rest have ranged from below average to aweful. To try and paint the league as a good standard on the basis of two sides is perverse. Its like me using Flem and Johann to prove i have played a first class standard of cricket. Benefield and East Carlton would both struggle in County League division 12: that is more representative of the teams we play against.

Well f*ck me sideways for wanting to play cricket on a Sunday (Kids don't swear - it's not big nor is it clever)! If you want to float about playing meaningless friendlies against Pytchley then fine. Sure I want to bowl as many overs as I can and contribute to the team as much as I can. At the end of the day it's upto the skipper as to what I can and can't do and I'm sure NOTHING that I could say would influence his decision. I care about nothing more than wanting to win. I hate losing so SO bad. But I ain't afraid of it because it makes winning 40,000,000 times better. So when we maul East Carlton at there place, I'm going to enjoy it as much as beating Bourne/Histon/LODDINGTON - you can only beat what's in front of you.

As for the cordial factor, YOU make them what they are. I enjoyed my Sunday cricket (even when I did sod all). I think a lot of people enjoyed there Sunday cricket - I'm very sorry if you didn't and hope that the change of scenery at Burton would help change that.

As for the standard of cricket in Division 4 - we can only wait and see. I'd be happy if we finish 3rd from bottom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbo

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:33 pm

Sideways argument i'm afraid. My point was that you would rather lose and bowl than win and not bowl, which is a point which you appear to admit. In that regard you are suited for freindlies and not for league cricket. The whole point is that in a League the result is everything.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Rutland league, and enthusiasm is in very rare supply at Isham. All I say is that we should not make out that it is anything more than average cricket. That is no reason to not enjoy it. The most enjoyable cricket I have ever played was for Harrowden and for the Zingers, despite the fact that it was a lower standard.

Finally, I had to respond to the fact that you singled me out at Castor, when the likes of Andy and Jaques in particular got in crap every week. And it was run out by three feet......... and you know it............and so does that fat cheating bastard.

Finally, you appear to have transferred me to Burton. Does the Rutland League secretary have this power ? All I said is that I would not be playing for Isham on Sunday this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shorty

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:46 pm

You've transfered yourself to Burton MANY times before Mark. I'm just reminding you of that.

"I care about nothing more than wanting to win" - that kinda kills off your argument that I put my game ahead of the result. But my enjoyment is a very close second and I have NO problem with reminding people of that.

Sorry about singling out the Castor incident. You are right that there were other incidents, but on a whole I thought we left on good terms with the majority of the teams. We must have with Histon because it was them that put us forward for promotion!

Finally I toot the Rutland league horn cus no other sodding person will. Rest assured that I'll get the RL onto the Agenda somehow in time for the AGM! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbo

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:33 pm

Code:
"I care about nothing more than wanting to win" - that kinda kills off your argument that I put my game ahead of the result.

The fact that you have said it about yourself does not kill off any argument ! That is what is known as hearsay evidence, and is inadmissable in any court (except to prove the state of mind of the person saying it, before some smart arse pulls me up) I'm looking for evidence, (and I have plenty in your reaction at Oakham)

PS I'm not saying that I am that much different when it comes to Sunday cricket. Everybody should have a decent game, but then again there is a thread elsewhere dealing with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pie chooker

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:49 pm

The language of some of you guys . Its like a Chubby Brown reunion. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Nightwatchman

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:42 am

All happy familes at Isham then eh? No

Seems to me that your 'damned if you do and your damned if you don't' to quote Bart Simpson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rutland League Fixtures 2007   

Back to top Go down

Rutland League Fixtures 2007
Page 1 of 1